Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Romantic Florals and Waves




Guess who's back?! Well, I apologize for having been gone so long. I'm not sure how many people actually noticed I was gone, but anyways... May and the beginning of June has been VERY busy/crazy. Choir show, Talent Show, end of school, end of school packing and cleaning, we had puppies, we went out of town for a wedding... and now things are finally settling down.

I didn't exactly get time to do a "fashion shoot" at the wedding but I did get some good pictures of me and my husband, who was the best man. It was at a beautiful ranch in Comfort, TX. The whole wedding was absolutely amazing. Right now as you know, it's wedding season. Love is in the air... In fact, we got married two years ago on June 17.  So wondering what to wear to a wedding?


I chose this great floral faux wrap dress. It was a thin polyester fabric, which helped keep me cool at the outdoor ceremony. This fabric also travels well and does not wrinkle. Here's a great tip for any dress at any time... Don't be afraid to invest in a full bodyshaper slip. It helps to keep any panty lines from showing and smooths everything out. When you are buying one, it shouldn't be so tight that you can't breathe, just a nice comfortable fit. I don't necessarily wear mine with every dress, but with those fabrics that are a little less forgiving than others :) And that usually means special occasion dresses.
I also have my fun Gianni Bini heels on. They have beads that dangle across the t-strap in front. Here's what the heels look like close up. I couldn't find them online :(


Florals are big right now and they are great to wear anywhere. They give a romantic vibe that goes great at a wedding. 


Another great tip for weddings this season is to wear waves in your hair. No kinky curls, but loose waves. A kind of 20's inspired look. I got mine by using a curling wand and curling my hair from about my ears to the bottom. I sprayed each strand of hair before and after I curled it. Before you brush through the curls, let them cool off and set. Get dressed and right before you leave, brush through them and voila! Beautiful waves. (I used lots of spray since it was an outdoor wedding and a little humid.)

XOXO
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment