Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Leopard and Red…grrrrr

Happy first day of Spring! Although the calendar says its spring, it doesn't quite feel like it yet. This week has been rough for me. It's hard to get back into the swing of things after Spring Break is over. So in my rush this morning I put on this comfy little number...


This fabulous top is from Forever 21. You can get it here. I am loving all these sheer blouses in all of the stores right now. The skirt is from the clearance rack at NY&Co. I thought red would give a fun pop to this black and leopard print.



These fun leopard flats are from JCPenney's. There are some similar ones here

So after I got home and was about to take some pics, I thought, I wonder how this shirt would look tucked in with a belt… so….


Not bad! Not very comfortable for all day at work with kids, but definitely doable for a date night, church, etc.


Here's a close up of the belt and the cuffs on the sleeves. I am not sure where I got this belt at but I love the flowers on it.


 And last but definitely not least, the back of the shirt. The details in this shirt are beautiful!

This weekend on Facebook, I read this quote that Muhammed Ali told his daughters and I think it is very fitting for all daughters of the Most High.

"Everything that God made valuable in the world is covered and hard to get to. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground, covered and protected. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. You've got to work hard to get to them. Your body is sacred. You’re far more precious than diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too.”

Be blessed and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Carmen
XOXO

Linking up with:
pleated poppy
WatchOutForTheWoestmans


11 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! I like it both ways - belt less for work and belted for date night? And the shoes are fab.

    We're on Spring Break now... But it's too cold to really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daene! I think I liked it both ways too. I can't handle the belt all day, but definitely for a date night. I hope it warms up a little so you can enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. Love the combo!

    Thank you so much for linking up with past Aloha Friday Blog Hops!! I'm just now getting around to following everyone back. I've followed you via GFC & Bloglovin. If you have time, I hope you follow me back if you haven't already!!

    The new Aloha Friday Blog Hop launches Thursday evening and we are hosting a GREAT giveaway!!! Come and check it out tomorrow! Aloha Friday Blog Hop HERE!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I am definitely following you via GFC and Bloglovin. I just saw your post for this week's Blog Hop and I am headed over there right now! Thanks for following back!

      Delete
  3. what a cute top! love how you styled it too :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chioma! I loved it too! Who doesn't love a little animal print? :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! The belt is something else - thanks for sharing with WW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! And thank you for hosting WW! I love linking up and finding new blogs to follow!

      Delete
  5. Hi! Just found your blog today!!! It's always wonderful to find another apostolic pentecostal blogger!!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Just wanted to pop by and let you know your blog was featured on this week’s Wednesday Weekly Review #23! (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/03/wednesday-weekly-review-23.html) Congrats!! Be sure to stop by ad grab an I was Featured Button!! (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/p/grab-button.html)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen!! That's awesome! I will definitely grab one of those buttons! God Bless!!

      Delete